Sunday, May 26, 2013

I PRAY AND WEEP FOR NIGERIA: ISSUES : NIGERIAN GOVERNORS’ FORUM: MAY 2013 .

I feel sad  for Nigeria. In fact, I am ashamed of this country. As I listened to the news and monitored the electoral process and the response, I began to shed tears for this nation. What brand of leaders are we having today? Even secondary schools and undergraduates do better. Claims and counter-claims over a simple and substantially clear electoral procedure? When we were entering the University in the mid 1980s, we pictured a country where the leaders would ultimately power the resources and thereby make us the pride of Africa. But what do we see today: Executive governors lacking executive  and political decorum?. Even governors cannot conduct elections among themselves. Even serving governors find it difficult to accept obvious defeat. Before we pray for fame for this country, let us concede this national shame. 

No comments:

Post a Comment